Sunday, October 11, 2009

Football, friends and fun

This weekend was full of lots of things I love...good friends, good food, good football, good fun. Friday night I went to dinner with Quynh and Robin, one of my good friends and college roommates who lives in Boston now and was in town for the weekend. We went to dinner at Soul...and it was very yummy. It was my first time to eat there and I would definitely recommend it. We spent lots of time talking and catching up. Unfortunately I forgot to take my camera, so I didn't get a picture. Then on Saturday, we got up with the intentions of going to Fayetteville to meet up with good friends of ours from Little Rock who were up for the game. But once we stepped outside and realized it was verrrrry cold and Noah wasn't feeling too good because of his allergies, we decided to watch the game from home and let him sleep. After a 3 hour nap, and a very exciting win by the Hogs (Whooo Pig!!! I was so happy to see them play such a great game!!) he was up and ready to go. Before we left, we had to take a quick ride on the Spiderman 4-wheeler.





Then we stopped off at Wilson Park and played for a few minutes.











After a little fun at the park (and a major meltdown when we made him leave) we headed down to meet Dave and Amanda and their 2 kids, Kennedy and Caleb, who is just 2 months older than Noah. We had such a good time catching up with them and letting the kids play for a little while. I'm so glad we got to see them. I think Noah and Caleb hit it off and are big buddies now...I wish we lived closer so they could play all the time!


Noah loves little chairs that are just his size, and he kept wanting to sit in this one.


The kids loved looking at the big Razorback.


A rare mommy/son picture...even though he's not looking at the camera. Oh well....

And finally, after all the football festivities, we took Noah home to stay with the babysitter and Jeff and I enjoyed a dinner out for one of his friend's birthdays at one of my favorite restaurants in Fayetteville, Mermaids. If you haven't been there, you must try it. The food is always delicious! On Sunday, we had to go find a new washing machine because ours broke. Wouldn't you know, we have a huge pile of dirty laundry needing to be washed and I'm going out of town this week, and no washing machine! Our new one gets in on Wednesday and I can't wait. I'm sure the mountain of dirty clothes will be taking over the house by then. But other than that, we had a great weekend and I think we're all worn out! I'm so thankful for fun times with family and friends!!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Landon has the same jersey! Smith sure did make us proud this weekend! WHAT A GAME!! I hope Noah is feeling better!! Poor guy, allergies are no fun!!!