Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Another weekend road trip

Ahhh....another wedding weekend in what seems like a never-ending summer of weddings this year. This time it was in Hot Springs and we went without Noah. Since he's been on the road so much lately, and we've discovered that long road trips with a 2 year old should be kept to a minimum if we value our sanity, we decided he would stay at home and Mimi came up to spend the weekend with him. We had a fun weekend but of course missed our little guy. He was having his own fun though going to the park, going out to eat and of course, watching lots of Yo Gabba Gabba. I'm sure Mimi will be happy for the break from DJ Lance, Muno and Toodee for a while. Small doses is all I can take of that show at one time....very small doses. Noah seems to be getting better at talking every day and even though he was very slow to get started, he has advanced so much and is now learning new words every day and repeating things all the time. It's so crazy to hear him say sentences and really communicate with us. I can't believe how fast he's growing up. He'll be turning two this weekend! Wow...two years. I could totally get really sappy right now just thinking about it, but I'll pass on that and try to at least wait until his actual birthday. So anyways, back to the wedding...we had lots of fun, but I didn't get any pictures all weekend. So sad because I can't even remember the last time Jeff and I had our picture taken together all dressed up, but we've got another wedding coming up so hopefully we will take advantage of that photo op and get some pics made. So since I have nothing to document our weekend with, I'll just have to leave with these pictures from the night we got back of us doing Noah's favorite thing outside....blowing bubbles!!!



 I just love this last picture because it is SO him! Dirty little nose, smudges on his cheek, but as happy as can be about just blowing some bubbles. I LOVE it!!

No comments: